Wednesday 29 April 2015

Saturday night FAKE-away

Last Saturday night I made a slimming world version of one of our favs...

Burger and Chips.

You can't beat it.

I used to work in McDonalds, so once over a saturday night trip to a burger bar was the norm. Which would explain the excess ass that I have now, perhaps.

So imagine my surprise when I was told I could make this meal and still stay completely on track.

I could have been healthier with my bun and used my B option to make this, meaning instead of the 8 1/2 syns that it cost me, it would have just been 1/2, however as I'd been so good through the day, it made no difference anyway.

We all had this and it went down a treat, not only with the hubby and I but the kids enjoyed it too.


BURGER AND CHIPS RECIPE.

 1 pack of 5% fat minced beef.
Seasoning.
garlic.
rosemary
spring onions.
bread roll
lettuce shredded
pickles
ketchup
Lightest cheese slices - A option.

potatoes

baked beans

In a bowl mix the thinly sliced spring onion, garlic, rosemary seasoning and mince. form into patties and put in the fridge for half an hour.

Slice your buns and dress with lettuce,ketchup,cheese etc.

Cut your potatoes into chips, place on a baking tray and spray with frylight, I also seasoned mine. Keep checking on your chips so they don't burn and turn as needed.

Put a frying pan on high heat, spray with frylight if you need to.

Add your burgers, browning on each side before turning them down slightly and cook for approx  mins per side.

Cut one through to check that they are cooked right through.

serve.

Enjoy.

Joy x


No comments:

Post a Comment